ProTect Security Staff Training is mandatory
for anyone providing security services in a Class A Minors Prohibited licensed establishment,
as well as for managers and supervisors of security staff. Owners, managers, and
employees of companies contracted to provide security in a Class A Minors Prohibited
licensed premises are also required to successfully complete the program.
In this course you will learn:
- Roles and responsibilities of security staff
- Essential steps to controlling customer disturbances
- Strategies to stay in control of a bad situation
- Actions and behaviours to de-escalate disputes
- Principles for dealing with extreme situations
- The importance of keeping your cool, and
- Legal responsibilities and liabilities
Time to complete: 30 days
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP and newer, or Mac OS 10.3 and newer
- Browser: Internet Explorer (IE) 9, Mozilla Firefox 12, Google Chrome 18 or Safari 5 and newer
- Adobe Flash version 9 or higher to play the videos
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, free download
- Sound card and speakers are recommended
- Stable, high-speed Internet connection is recommended
NOTE: Security settings and/or other restrictions placed on computers in public places or businesses may restrict users' access to some course content, the online exam or limit some functions on the SMART Programs website. Contact the IT professional at your workplace for assistance or use a computer/wireless device without these restrictions. Browsers not listed above may not display program content correctly.
Time to Complete: 30 days
Workers requiring ProTect certification must be certified within 30 days of hire.
Languages Available: The online program and exam are in English.
Information about ProTect can be found on the About and FAQ pages of this site.
Please login to register for this program.